Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fettuccini with chicken breasts

1 lb fettuccini
4 single chicken breasts cut into thin strips (I use less than this)
3 Tablespoons butter
6 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
6 scallions, finely chopped (I use green onions - I don't know which you have)
1/3 cup heavy cream (I usually double the liquid parts of this to make it more saucy)
1 Tablespoon flour
1/3 cup grated gruyere or swiss cheese (I actually just use mozzerella and I use a lot more than it calls for)
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup parmesean cheese
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley

1. While the pasta is cooking, saute the chicken breasts in hot butter for three minutes until firm and white.
2. Stir in the garlic and scallions and fry over moderate heat for three minutes. Discard the garlic. Stir in the flour. Add the cream and lemon juice an d stir until hot.
3. Add the cheeses and season with salt and pepper. It says to toss the pasta and the sauce, but we just serve it over the pasta like spaghetti.

No comments: