Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Eileens Candied Yams

Boil Yams until soft throughout. Then cool until you can peel them. Slice them about 1 inch thick and place them in 9x13 pan. Then this is what she says about the recipe.

"About the yams. I do a little water with some, butter, brown sugar and melt them together. I boil the yams and add to the brown sugar, butter and water mixture and add marshmallows on top. Then back and turn them over after awhile. I bake them until they liquid is thick. I don't have amounts of what I put in. I put about half inch water and half cube of butter and a couple handfuls of brown sugar. Write and I'll try to help some more if I can."

I had to add this because I look up the email every Thanksgiving. Jared really like marshmellows so that's a must for the Yams. I actually bake the yams with the rolls and then turn the broiler on for a minute to brown the marshmellows (if you add them too early they just melt)

No comments: