- 2 cups cake flour - OK this is 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour and 1/4 c. corn starch - give or take a few
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Classic Belgian Waffles
I got an awesome Belgian Waffle maker for Christmas, but I had a hard time finding a recipe that would rise to the top and still be light and fluffy. After a bit of investigation this is the one I settled on as being the best. It's a little involved (you have to separate the eggs and beat the egg whites), but it makes light crispy waffles. Don't use this in a regular waffle maker -only a Belgian one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment